Usage in lambda environment

In the Node sdk docs there is a large warning about using the sdk in a lambda and warns of connection issues due to the freeze/thaw of the underlying containers. I took this as a no-go for using the sdk in a lambda for any large scale application but then I’ve seen a few blog articles on blog.couchbase.com talking about using lambdas to connect to Couchbase in several languages such as node, go, and java. So has something changed since these blog posts were written or is there any official guide on how to use the node sdk in lambda and what errors need to specifically be handled for this environment?

1 Like

Hello @ThrowsException Node.js sdk is currently not supported for AWS Lambda.

@AV25242 Ok so then is there a reason why your evangelist write blog articles on your website showing how to use it in unsupported environments? That sends really confusing mixed signals for your developers since you’re actively promoting using it in an environment that you don’t support.

1 Like

Are there plans for lambda support? With the popularity of the tech only growing it would be nice to have some sort of standardized solution.

1 Like

@ThrowsException our SDK worked on AWS lambda ( thats where you see the blogs) till AWS made changes to the freeze and thaw process causing connectivity issues (very same kind of issues you are experiencing today). We have lambda support on our backlog which will require some investigation and working with AWS team.

1 Like

Thanks that’s good to know. it might be worth going and adding some disclaimers or updates to the those blogs in the meantime. Its very easy to find them and see it as an option and the warning in the docs isn’t easy to find. It would be a good idea to pull the compatibility section to the top.

1 Like

@ThrowsException thank you for your suggestions, I will definitely reach out to the respective teams and see what can be done and by the way welcome to our forums @brendanfmartin you a well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Suggestions have been made and will be implemented soon.Thanks again appreciate it !

1 Like