Unidentified Developer launching Couchbase Server on OS X

Hi,

Is it possible to have the Couchbase Server app for OS X be signed with a proper developer ID? Right now I get the error that it’s from an unidentified developer.

Thanks,

Brendan

Which server version are you using? I was under the impression this has been fixed with 4.0 GA

Yes, that’s the version I was using. I downloaded it from the pre-built binaries yesterday.

Ah, looks like it was fixed with 4.1, can you retry with that version? (see https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/MB-17039)

Also, it was the OS X 10.10 Yosemite version, not the beta El Capitan version.

Ah I see. I thought I couldn’t use that version because I don’t have an Enterprise license. I was using the Community Edition.

@tapzapp we always recommend using the enterprise edition during development to get the best experience. It is free to use during development.

Ok cool. Thanks. How long after the Enterprise updates do the Community editions get updated? The reason I ask is because I’m trying to put together a solution for my customers so they can run their own instances of Couchbase Server and Couchbase Gateway to sync with my iOS and Mac apps. Just trying to come up with a simple turnkey solution that’s easy for a non-IT person to install and configure. I’m thinking of a sync solution for small businesses of just a few people.

I’m also offering cloud based sync as well, but via IBM Cloudant. I couldn’t find anyone else offering a DBAAS using Couchbase. Perhaps I just haven’t found them yet.

Thanks.

Brendan

I think @cihangirb might be able to give you more information there, it changes based on our upcoming release schedule a bit.