we have web application and mobil application using shadow bucket

I use Couchbase Sync Gateway 1.3.1
Couchbase Server 4.5.1
Couchbase lite 1.3.1

Problem:

in my log of sync Gateway there are too many lines of
CRUD+: No old revision “ID-DOCUMENT” / “rev”

since this log message appear the use of my cpu is more hight

i think its because i resolved conflicts in side mobile app but when i did the process i followed the documentation of couchbase

any idea about the problem ??

What this message means is that something is trying to make updates to a document revision but that revision has been “compacted away” because it was no needed by Sync Gateway for anything. For example, it may have been a non-leaf revision, and the later leaf revision was sufficient to keep around, so Sync Gateway threw away the the non-leaf revision since it added no value. Then later, something tried to push an update to Sync Gateway based on that (stale) revision that no longer exists in the system, and hence that error was seen.

It’s hard to tell without more context if that was happening from a Couchbase Lite client or the Sync Gateway bucket shadowing process.

i think its because i resolved conflicts in side mobile app but when i did the process i followed the documentation of couchbase

Are you saying you used the Couchbase SDK to try to resolve conflicts? I don’t think that will work. Here are some docs about resolving conflicts via the Sync Gateway REST API if that helps.

1 Like

of side mobile app (IOS device) we resolve conflicts

with this tutorial
https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/mobile/1.4/guides/couchbase-lite/native-api/document/index.html#conflicts

there are way to resolve or omit this log message or not affect in nothing with performance

Was this ever resolved? I’m seeing similar messages on the SG, and I’m trying to figure out how to stop it.