Installing Analytics DP3 on Ubuntu

I’m trying to install Analytics DP3 on Ubuntu 14.04 and I’m getting this error. This server has the new RTM bits of Server 5.0.0 installed. Any advice?

root@c081e9110daa:/downloads# dpkg -i couchbase-server-analytics-dbg_1.0.0-DP3-ubuntu14.04_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package couchbase-server-analytics-dbg.
(Reading database ... 17033 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack couchbase-server-analytics-dbg_1.0.0-DP3-ubuntu14.04_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking couchbase-server-analytics-dbg (5.0.0-707-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of couchbase-server-analytics-dbg:
 couchbase-server-analytics-dbg depends on couchbase-server-analytics (= 5.0.0-707-1); however:
  Package couchbase-server-analytics is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package couchbase-server-analytics-dbg (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
 couchbase-server-analytics-dbg

The “-dbg” package downloaded from the Couchbase website seems to have a dependency on another package without the “-dbg” suffix, which it can’t find. Any advice?

Thanks,
Brant

1 Like

Two things went wrong:

1. Our download page is evidently wrong, and it gave you a download of a debug-only package. Please try this download link: https://packages.couchbase.com/releases/server-analytics/1.0.0-DP3/couchbase-server-analytics_1.0.0-DP3-ubuntu14.04_amd64.deb

2. Analytics DP3 (unlike earlier DPs) is integrated into Couchbase Server, so you don’t need to have Server already installed on your machine - in fact it will likely fail to install if you do.

Hope that helps,
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

2 Likes

@ceej

Perfect, that did the trick. Thanks!