Couchbase Server community 6.6.6?

Hi all,

We wanted to upgrade our Couchbase server community edition from 6.6.0 to 6.6.6 - mainly to solve security vulnerabilities - but found in download area (NoSQL Database Download | Couchbase 30-Day Free Trial) this new version is not available… (last community release was 6.6.0 and then jump to 7.x).
Anyone know why? or maybe there is another way to get this one?
(Adjusting major upgrade require changes on SDK side as well)

Your advise is required,
Regards,
Zachi Sharon.

Hi Zachi. Just to put your mind at ease, this isn’t the case (SDK engineer here). Couchbase Server 7.0 introduces scopes and collections, but in a backwards compatible way and your application will continue working unchanged. You can migrate your app to using collections at a later point if you choose.

Update: actually, let me double-check that, since an extremely old and long-EOL SDK version might not work. Which SDK and version are you using?

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the response -
We are using Couchbase.NetClient v2.7.0.0
(see nuget - NuGet Gallery | CouchbaseNetClient 2.7.0)
FYI -
Zachi.

Ah, I see. Then yes, very much in the “extremely old and long-EOL” category :slight_smile: I would strongly recommend upgrading the SDK to the 3.X series - 2.7.0 was released over 5 years ago, and is no longer supported.

That said, though we don’t test or support this combination, I would still expect 2.7 to work against 7.0.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.