Couchbase 4.5 - cbrestore and XDCR behaviour

I have a scenario to get confirmation. Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.

1. I have two CB clusters. One is the production, another one is an empty backup cluster with the same configuration of production.
2. Took backup of the production Couchbase and restored to the backup Couchbase
3. I did some modifications in the documents in the backup Couchbase(some documents deleted, some updated)
4. Meanwhile few new documents were created in the production Couchbase
5. I want to restore the new documents to the backup Couchbase.

What would be the efficient way to restore the newly created documents in Production Couchbase into backup Couchbase?

Option 1: Enable XDCR in production Couchbase to backup Couchbase.
Option 2: Take production back up again and restore to backup Couchbase.

My output should be, only new/updated documents in the production server are expected to reflect in the backup Couchbase. I want to retain the changes/deletion I have done in the backup server.

Note: The changed/deleted documents in backup won’t get updated further in production.

Hi jefinjeeva,
I would recommend Option 1. Setup XDCR from production CB to backup. Check out the “Replication Filters” menu while setting up the replication to customize which docs will be replicated.

Thank you for your reply.
For filter, do it require any secondary index or view? And is it available in Couchbase 4.5 CE?

Also what will happen if I did’s set filter?
All deleted documents in backup server will be restored and updates done on backup server will get replaced with old documents in production server?

After a few research I found answers to my questions. Posting here for someone who looking for the solution.

For filter, do it require any secondary index or view? And is it available in Couchbase 4.5 CE?

Ans: No.

Also what will happen if I did’s set filter?
All deleted documents in backup server will be restored and updates done on backup server will get replaced with old documents in production server?

Deleted documents in the backup server won’t restore.
Updates done on the backup server will not be replaced with old documents in production.
All newly created/updated documents will be transferred to the backup server from production.

So to conclude, The best option is XDCR as @pavithra.mahamani said. Thank you.