Connect with JDBC

Hi, is it possible to connect to Couchbase Capella with JDBC (Simba driver)? In that case, what port? Should the URL be resolved like described in another post (nslookup -type=SRV _couchbases._tcp.<Wide_Area_Network_record>)? Is it possible to connect without SSL?

Thanks,
Johan

Hi there Johan, thanks for reaching out! I’ll have to double-check on the Simba driver, but I do know that the CDATA driver (Couchbase Drivers | Couchbase Connectors - CData Software) has been tested to work on Capella and will automatically resolve the SRV record so you don’t have to. However, it is currently not possible to connect to Capella without SSL.

If you would like to continue trying with the Simba driver (while I confirm for you in parallel) I believe you’ll want to use port 18091 or 18095 which are the encrypted ports (along with the necessary TLS certificate)

Let us know if there’s anything else that you need.

Perry

Johan - my understanding at the moment is that the Simba driver is not something we’re working closely with and may not have been updated to work with Capella. We only officially support the CDATA driver at this time.

Thanks for your quick answers! Then I know.