4.1 Community Edition examples not loading

Hi,

I’ve recently downloaded te 4.1 community edition, and after having selected to install all the examples (using the web-panel when setting up the cluster), when I go to data buckets, it gives an item count of 0 for all of them.

I’m not sure if it’s my setup, or a general bug with the current community edition. I initially installed using sudo (which didn’t work), then su to root (which did work), then after it not working I uninstalled using dpkg, deleted /opt/couchbase and re-installed (su’ing to root straightaway). Even after this, all 4 buckets (default + 3 samples) were empty.

I understand that your priority is the enterprise version, but this seems like a bug in the community version that should be fixed.

Thanks.

This issue similar to reported here

As a workaround, try to patch this file

--- /opt/couchbase/lib/python/pump_mbf.py.orig	2016-10-25 11:05:25.129345785 +0300
+++ /opt/couchbase/lib/python/pump_mbf.py	2016-10-25 11:06:03.295305738 +0300
@@ -36,8 +36,8 @@
             break
     except ImportError:
         pass
-if status:
-    sys.exit("Error: could not import required version of sqlite3 module")
+# if status:
+#    sys.exit("Error: could not import required version of sqlite3 module")

MBF_VERSION = 2 # sqlite pragma user version for Couchbase 1.8. 

@mikew, could you take a look?

The examples should work fine in CE. Installing as root shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re able to walk through the setup sequence, it seems like you’ve got server started ok. The sample buckets can take a little time to load. Do you see activity when you look at the overview tab? What about the output in the log panel?

Hod

In fact log panel shows that cbdocloader returned error in exit status, and logs on file system capture message: Error: could not import required version of sqlite3 module, as sample buckets does not put pump_mbf.py, but rather pump_json.py, it is pretty safe to comment out that sys.exit statement and after that everything works

@Eugaia you can even remove that file, as it is no longer part of distribution after 4.1

@hod.greeley

I waited quite a long time, and nothing was loaded and there was no activity in the buckets section of the panel.

Note: all the samples were selected in the startup section of the panel, and the 3 sample buckets were shown - but with 0 entries and 0 activity.

They work on my system when installing 4.5 EE, it’s only on 4.1 CE that they don’t work

@avsej These are the samples that are part of the setup process. They load in 4.5 EE and I have loaded the samples that are not travel-sample when I previously tried CB - in 4.0 CE.

Could you insert the following command as a part of setup process before loading samples?

sudo rm -f /opt/couchbase/lib/python/pump_mbf.py

@avsej I have now uninstalled 4.1 CE and installed 4.5 EE and am learning all the new features that are included and am testing using that (which is my priority right now). When I have time later on, I will uninstall 4.5 EE and re-install 4.1 CE to try this out, and will get back to you.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts.

Is is going to be 4.1.1 CE release on next week (or even earlier), and it will include fix for this issue too

@avsej OK, thanks for the info.