XDCR on Couchbase 6.0.0

I am working to migrate Couchbase from GCP to AWS. I have gotten the servers installed and running but i am having issues getting XDCR working. I have opened all ports between the two but its not working still.

Ive read this post and it seem this may be my situation as well but i dont seem to have the couchbase-cli on 6.0.0.

Is there a way to set this alt ip\public ip on comminuty version 6.0.0?

Alternate address support was added in Couchbase Server version 6.5, so that feature will not be in 6.0.0.

So what do i need to do to get XDCR working between two data centers?

Maybe this will help you – https://www.couchbase.com/forums/t/changing-server-node-name/3160

The other option might be to install 6.5.0 on the target cluster and use alternate addresses – should be able to XDCR from 6.0.0 to 6.5.0 (these are old versions, so I don’t know if there are any known issues with that) – but your main concern there would be whether your applications would be compatible with 6.5.0.

1 Like

Thanks for you advice @hyunjuV. This made me think of using a Site-to-Site VPN between GCP and AWS to complete this migration using XDCR. Setting up the VPN gave the servers the internal connectivity they needed to replicate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.