We facing with difficult problem when develop application on IOT device(ARM64 architecture) that run Ubuntu 18.04(We can not update to 20.04 because it have too many issue).
I known that requirement for platform is 20.04 but i would like to ask for method build library on 18.04 or this is impossible?
What is “method build library” ? If you are asking whether it is possible to build for Ubuntu 18.04 then the answer is most likely yes (if the compiler is too old you will need to build a newer one though). We just are not planning on doing it officially at the time.
yes, i mean that i want to couchbase lite library for ubuntu 18.04 + arm64 platform. Could you please share to me or guide me for building?
I imagine the instructions won’t be much different than the existing cross compile instructions.
I try to build follow your shared link but error happen.
Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" “cmTC_43f86/fast”
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/build
make: Entering directory ‘/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/CheckIncludeFile.c.o
/usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc --sysroot=/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/couchbase-lite-C -fPIE -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/CheckIncludeFile.c.o -c /home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c
/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c:1:10: fatal error: direct.h: No such file or directory
CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/build.make:65: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/CheckIncludeFile.c.o’ failed
make: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_43f86.dir/CheckIncludeFile.c.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp’
Makefile:126: recipe for target ‘cmTC_43f86/fast’ failed
make: *** [cmTC_43f86/fast] Error 2
Do you know reason for this error?
I would like share my toolchain file as below:
That error doesn’t look related to a build failure. It looks like the output of CMake logs while searching to see if a direct.h header is available to create defines.
yes, It is CMakeError.log output.
All log build as below:
thang@thang-G3-3579:~/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake$ cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/Makefile.cmake /home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/couchbase-lite-C/vendor/couchbase-lite-core
– The C compiler identification is GNU 7.5.0
– The CXX compiler identification is GNU 7.5.0
– Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
– Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc – works
– Detecting C compiler ABI info
– Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
– Detecting C compile features
– Detecting C compile features - done
– Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
– Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ – works
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
– Detecting CXX compile features
– Detecting CXX compile features - done
– Looking for pthread.h
– Looking for pthread.h - found
– Looking for pthread_create
– Looking for pthread_create - not found
– Check if compiler accepts -pthread
– Check if compiler accepts -pthread - yes
– Found Threads: TRUE
– Looking for pthread_getname_np in pthread
– Looking for pthread_getname_np in pthread - found
– Looking for pthread_threadid_np in pthread
– Looking for pthread_threadid_np in pthread - not found
– Looking for sys/prctl.h
– Looking for sys/prctl.h - found
– Looking for prctl
– Looking for prctl - found
– Looking for sys/syscall.h
– Looking for sys/syscall.h - found
– Looking for SYS_gettid
– Looking for SYS_gettid - found
– Looking for linux/unistd.h
– Looking for linux/unistd.h - found
– Looking for __NR_gettid
– Looking for __NR_gettid - found
CMake Error at cmake/platform_linux_desktop.cmake:19 (message):
icuuc not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/thang/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.
thang@thang-G3-3579:~/Projects/SmartParking/LibraryForCouchbase/buildCmake$ make cblite
make: *** No rule to make target ‘cblite’. Stop.
The error says you are missing the ICU development libraries inside of your sysroot. This was indicated as a dependency in the instructions I sent.
How can I get ICU development libraries and ZLIB development libraries?
The technique I use is running the target system on either an emulator or a device, using the OS package manager to install the correct packages, and then copying out the relevant underlying system libraries (i.e. making a sysroot). This is an essential part of creating a cross compilation toolchain. It’s not an easy process and you likely need to do a lot of tweaking but the repo wiki for C has some of my notes.
Thank you for your support.