Unable to setup Couchbase Server via web console in Windows Server 2012 R2

I installed Couchbase Server 4.0.0 build 4051 Community Edition on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Azure Virtual Machine. When I go into the Couchbase Web Console to run through the setup configuration I am unable to get past Step 1 of the Setup process.

I double click on the console icon on the desktop, it opens up internet explorer with the initial couchbase console screen. I click on the Setup button which navigates me to Step 1 of 5. I leave all values as default values in the Step 1 screen, click Next. The next screen appears with a “Loading …” text and busy spinning icon and is stuck on this screen. I left it running for about 45 minutes with no change.

Is there a server configuration I am missing or a component I need to install on the Windows machine? IE Enhanced security is turned off. Windows has the latest updates installed. Firewall is turned off.

I don’t use Windows so can’t say what might be wrong. Can you enable developer tools in Internet Explorer to see if there are some client side errors or if you find some other hints on what might be wrong and what it is waiting on?

I tried this on Azure with CE edition of Couchbase Server 4.0 and didn’t see the issue. I used a Standard DS1 (1 Core, 3.5 GB memory). Which SKU are you using in the VM side?

I increased the VM size to 4 cores instead and that seemed to fix it. I was using Basic A1 with 1 core.