TypeScript support?

Hello @brett19 / @mark-at-rccl ,

Are there any updates to documentation on how to use Full-Text Search with version 3.2.0-alpha.2 ?

Thanks,
Aakshaye

Hey @aakshaye ,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

P.S. 3.2.0-beta.1 was released recently
you can find its api reference here:
https://docs.couchbase.com/sdk-api/couchbase-node-client-3.2.0-beta.1/
and the release notes for it here:
https://docs.couchbase.com/nodejs-sdk/current/project-docs/sdk-release-notes.html#version-3-2-0-beta-1-17-may-2021

Cheers, Brett

Hi @brett19 ,

Appreciate the quick response. Thanks for the update about the release and API reference.

I’m using Couchbase Server 6.0.0 and node package 3.2.0-beta.1 with Typescript

On using the new API reference as shown here: Install and Start Using the Node.js SDK with Couchbase Server | Couchbase Docs
I get a timeout error when trying to connect using the following

const cluster = await couchbase.connect(connectionString, {
        username: login_user,
        password: login_password,
    });

I am not able to pass timeout as an option to the connect function.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aakshaye

Hey @aakshaye ,

Have you tried enabling debug logging (DEBUG=* node index) as mentioned earlier in this thread to see why it is failing to connect in time?

Cheers, Brett

Hi @brett19 ,

Thanks for your response. I was able to fix that issue on my end.

I am trying to use Full Text Search as shown here : Full Text Search (FTS) Using the Node.js SDK with Couchbase Server | Couchbase Docs

I get this error with Typescript: Property ‘SearchQuery’ does not exist on type ‘typeof import(“couchbase”)’
when using the following code:
import couchbase from "couchbase";

const result = await searchQuery( indexName, couchbase.SearchQuery.match(searchTerm), { limit: 5, });

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aakshaye

Hey @aakshaye,

I’ve seen that before. Try using import * as couchbase from 'couchbase' instead. I’m going to look into figuring out why that’s needed before the next release. I’d expect that they both would work.

Cheers, Brett

Hi @brett19 ,

Using import * as couchbase from 'couchbase' also gives me the same error.

Hope you can fix that soon.

Thanks,
Aakshaye

Hello everyone, hello @brett19 ,

I allow myself to answer this thread rather than opening a new one because I think it’s the same topic. I ran into some issues with my typescript project and the last version of couchbase node sdk :
For example, when I check the implementation of the method getAllBucket() : It takes two parameters, one optional and one mandatory called “bucketName”. That mean for retreiving all buckets, we need to pass a bucket name ?
buckets
I tried to use this method without any arguments and annoted it with @ts-ignore for making typescript compile and it works, I get all buckets from my Cluster, so I am a bit confused, can I have an explanation about this ?
In advance, many thanks
Thibaut

Hi @brett19 ,
I am using couchbase 3.2.0-beta.1 in my node application. Couchbase module works fine when i do not run the application in debug mode. But when i debug the node application, i always get timeout error. Please note that there is hardly any wait time between breakpoints execution.
Following is the Error log:
\node_modules\couchbase\deps\lcb\src\bootstrap.cc:199) Failed to bootstrap client=000002A29D5C8B30. Error=LCB_ERR_TIMEOUT (201) (Last=LCB_ERR_TIMEOUT (201)), Message=Failed to bootstrap in time +0ms
couchnode failed to connect to bucket: TimeoutError: timeout
couchnode at Object.translateCppError (C:\node ang update 2021\test-api\node_modules\couchbase\dist\bindingutilities.js:148:20)
couchnode at Object. (C:\node ang update 2021\test-api\node_modules\couchbase\dist\connection.js:91:45)
couchnode at Object.callbackTrampoline (internal/async_hooks.js:131:14) {
couchnode cause: LibcouchbaseError: libcouchbase error 201
couchnode at Object.translateCppError (C:\node ang update 2021\test-api\node_modules\couchbase\dist\bindingutilities.js:142:21)
couchnode at Object. (C:\node ang update 2021\test-api\node_modules\couchbase\dist\connection.js:91:45)
couchnode at Object.callbackTrampoline (internal/async_hooks.js:131:14) {
couchnode code: 201

Hi @brett19 ,
Please guide on this.

Hello @brett19 ,

I see the new version was released few days ago. However, Full Text Search still doesn’t seem to work.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aakshaye

Any solutions to this debacle? i cant use esModuleInterop (which anyway is a HACK) since i deploy to amazon lambda (and thus require that the module will be transpiled in my output source code (js).
any help would be appreciated. i have not came across this problem with any other lib.