I want to add an abstraction layer between my service methods and the couchbase client so that no couchbase client methods are directly called in my service classes.
Without this abstraction layer I won’t be able to convince the investors to select couchbase as our document database.
The only java option I found was this one:
which is based on the Spring Data Repositories abstraction layer.
I’m posting my questions in this forum because the suggested forum on the github is too general.
- Is this code maintained by Couchbase, if no will Couchbase validate it?
- When will a production version be available?
- This is more a suggestion: will there be a dedicated forum?
- The following links on the github page are broken:
the User Guide: http://docs.spring.io/spring-data/data-couchbase/docs/current/reference/html/
the JavaDocs: http://docs.spring.io/spring-data/data-couchbase/docs/current/api/
- Is there any special setup in eclipse when retrieving dependencies from github, I’m getting errors when trying to retrieve ?
Workaround for 3): installed the jars directly from:
Problems encountered when trying to install from github:
As suggested on the github page I added the following in my pom.xml file:org.springframework.data spring-data-couchbase 1.0.0.RC1 spring-libs-milestone Spring Milestone Repository http://repo.springsource.org/libs-milestone
I get following error:
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.springsource.sts.ide
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.springsource.sts.ide
Tue Jan 28 14:53:09 IST 2014
The POM for org.springframework.data:spring-data-couchbase:jar:1.0.0.RC1 is missing, no dependency information available
Your help will be appreciated.