Query Service is unavailable in Capella Trial

Hi,

I’m currently evaluating Capella and I’m having issues with running N1QL queries. KV operations work perfectly fine.

Whenever I send any N1QL query to Capella, ex select * from my_bucket, I get the following exception from the Node.js SDK:

Error: LCB_ERR_INVALID_ARGUMENT (203): It is unambiguously determined that the error was caused because of invalid arguments from the user

However, the query works without any problems when I execute it from the Query Workbench at Couchbase Capella. It also works fine when executed against localhost cluster.

So my question is whether Capella Trial (Basic plan) supports Query Service or whether I need to turn something on in the admin console?

Thanks, Jakub

Hello Jakub,

Welcome to the Couchbase forums.

Can I ask what version of the Couchbase SDK you are using please?

Thanks,
Aaron

Hey @Jakub_Roman,

We’ve seen a few users report this same issue and we had narrowed it down to an issue within the SDK handling hostnames that include the _ character - [CCBC-1513] LCB_ERR_INVALID_ARGUMENT for all cluster HTTP requests when underscore in hostname - Couchbase database.
As a result, we now no longer generate hostnames that include underscores when creating clusters.

Unfortunately what this means in your case is that to “fix” the hostnames you will have to delete your existing cluster and create a new one. If you want to export the data from the old cluster to be able to restore to the new cluster please let me know and I can give some guidance on tools that you could use to achieve this.

Cheers,
Matt

Seems like that is the cause. Our cluster has underscore in the hostname.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try replacing the cluster.

Best, Jakub