Node SDK Acid Transaction Examples/API documentation

We are migrating to 6.5 and have use cases for Acid transactions.

I’m having difficulty finding any examples or API documentation for using them in Node.

Can you please either point me to some, or else let me know where precisely in the source code I can look to figure it out myself, of course the former is much, much preferable to the latter.

(I don’t see anything in the release notes mentioning transactions; does the sdk support them? Ctrl-f ‘transaction’ returns no results here: https://docs.couchbase.com/sdk-api/couchbase-node-client/)

Please help.

Hey @naftali,

Unfortunately the Node.js SDK does not currently have transactions support. We are hoping to add support for Node.js in the next year, but the plans are still in flux. We currently offer support in Java and C++ will be available soon.

Cheers, Brett

thanks for you response @brett19.

certainly rain on our parade.

didn’t consider that the shiny wouldn’t be supported in the sdk at launch.

I suppose we could use the c++ via node plugin.

Any rough estimate for when that will be available? Are we talking weeks, months or a year?

Hello,
C++ will be available in a few months (can’t provide exact timeframe but < 6 months).
Thanks
Shivani

1 Like

Hello,
Are there any plans to add transactions support to node SDK ?

thanks

Yes… Node SDK support for transaction is also on the roadmap. /cc @raycardillo @ingenthr

Hi @keshav_m , do you have any idea when that would be and where can I follow the ticket if exisit.
Thank you

Hi guys, any update on this?
@keshav_m @ingenthr @raycardillo

@Amir_Bengherbi, I’ve asked the product manager to respond to this… hopefully with some good news! :slight_smile:
You’ll hear shortly.

1 Like

Hello @Amir_Bengherbi , thanks for reaching out !

NodeJs transactions is on the top of our list and we are diligently working on building a solution. As of now, we are tentatively targeting for a Beta by the end of February so stay tuned.

We don’t have a public tracking ticket available as of now as we are vetting out some internal details .Will keep you informed as we have more information available.

1 Like

Hello @Amir_Bengherbi wanted to followup with you in regards to the enquiry you had on transaction support.
We recently released Node.js SDK 4.0 that comes with support for ACID Transactions. You can find more information in our Documentation. Please explore and share your thoughts.

Thanks again for your patience, hope this helps !

3 Likes

Thank you! That will help a lot