No source nozzle can be constructed since the source kv nodes are not the master for any vbuckets

As far as I can tell, I’m successfully backing up data from production to a backup cluster. The backup had no data, and when I started XDCR, it got data.

The production cluster has an analytics node, as mentioned in the error below. The backup cluster has just one node for data. I’m not interested in backing up anything but the data, which is why the backup cluster only has a data node.

However, next to the job in the XDCR console, I do get an error printed repeatedly:

analytics.couchbase.local:pipelineMgr.pipeline_factory.NewPipeline(137c92c548b98e20aba32fcae425485f/app/app):Invalid configuration. No source nozzle can be constructed since the source kv nodes are not the master for any vbuckets.

I believe this issue is distinct from this issue, because I’m not using a filter. Also, the Couchbase version is 6.5.

Given that I have no intent to back up the analytics node, should I worry about this error?

If not, how can I suppress the error from appearing? If I should be worried, how can I fix the error?

Thank you.

https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/MB-37819 describes how this issue popped up again in 6.5.0 due to a regression caused by another bug fix.

The issue was fixed in 6.5.1. So if you try 6.5.1, you shouldn’t see the messages anymore.

Meanwhile, spamming that’s taking place in 6.5.0 is innocuous and should not affect the correctness of the system.

1 Like

Thank you. I will post here when time come back to update