"to": null
		}
		]
	}
	]
}
]
}

What type of problems you are facing. The sample document is not a proper json.
The following works fine.

insert into default values("k01", { "name": "pname1", "cont": { "facility": "facility1" }, "UserGroups": [ { "description": "aa", "name": "name1", "user": [ { "from": "2016-10-10", "id": "user1", "to": 34 }, { "from": "2016-10-10", "id": "user2", "to": 35 } ] }] });

UPDATE default SET userss.`to`    = null FOR userss IN UserGroup.`user` FOR UserGroup IN UserGroups WHEN UserGroup.name = "name1" AND  userss.id="user1" END,
                   userss.`from`  = null FOR userss IN UserGroup.`user` FOR UserGroup IN UserGroups WHEN UserGroup.name = "name1" AND  userss.id="user2" END;

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I donot want to use FOR…IN… WHEN as it is like a loop to update all sub-child groups at a time.

Is it possible without using FOR…IN…??

If you need to update array element with condition you need to use FOR …IN …WHEN. If You know exact position of array or whole array you can update without FOR.

Actually the concern is can we write the query like:

UPDATE default SET userss.to = null FOR userss , userss.from = null
FOR userss IN UserGroup.user FOR UserGroup IN UserGroups WHEN UserGroup.name = “name1” AND userss.id=“user2” END;

So that one we have smaller query, and it seems like we are going in the document multiple times if we are updating multiple properties in a subdcument.

It is not possible.

If UserGroup.user objects are unique you can reconstruct user object and replace it. like below.

UPDATE default 
SET UserGroup.`user`[ARRAY_POS(UserGroup.`user`,userss)] = {"to" : null, "from":null, "id":userss.id} 
FOR userss IN UserGroup.`user` FOR UserGroup IN UserGroups WHEN UserGroup.name = "name1" AND  userss.id="user1" END;

For not unique

UPDATE default 
SET UserGroup.`user` = ARRAY CASE WHEN userss.id="user1" THEN {"to" : null, "from":null, "id":userss.id} ELSE userss END FOR userss IN UserGroup.`user` END 
FOR UserGroup IN UserGroups WHEN UserGroup.name = "name1" END;

Thanks for the update, i think we are looking for reconstruct the object since there could be more properties to what we are updating, if we reconstruct we would loose that data.
I think in that case we are left with the multi update as we were doing earlier.