Internal settings

Hello, is there a documentation for each item in internal settings? Specifically I wanted to know what is being controlled by the followings and the recommended settings.

“rebalanceIndexWaitingDisabled”
“rebalanceIndexPausingDisabled”
“rebalanceIgnoreViewCompactions”

Thanks,
FM

Dear support, can we please get an update on this? Those settings are not documented anywhere, however - for some reason - they are exposed via API

@fm1 and @korekontrol,

These internal settings are documented here: https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/current/rest-api/rest-get-internal-setting.html

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for response.
On the page you mentioned parameters “rebalanceIndexPausingDisabled”, “rebalanceIndexPausingDisabled” and “rebalanceIgnoreViewCompactions” are only mentioned indirectly (you can see them in GET …/internalSettings output), but there is no single word about their functionality - what they are supposed to do.

Best regards,
Marek Obuchowicz

@korekontrol,

Basically, these are settings that are not recommended for you to use. We don’t recommend you change them, and we do not support changing them.

Hi Matthew,
Is there any reason not to remove them in future releases then?
As a software operator, i would expect not to see “don’t touch me” buttons :wink: But if there is a special reason for them to be exposed, even a short note in documentation that those are internals and shouldn’t be touched would be helpful - it would at least save time of people like me / fm1 trying to find it out.

Best regards,
Marek Obuchowicz

@korekontrol,

Is “Any changes to these settings not explicitly recommended by Couchbase Employees are not supported by Couchbase.” not sufficient?

Our documentation is available on GitHub now (notice the shiny new “Edit on GitHub” link here: https://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/current/rest-api/rest-get-internal-setting.html). You can propose what you have in mind. I’m all for anything that makes the documentation clearer.

1 Like