Import an AWS S3 repository

Hi! Trying to import a S3 AWS repo, it’s imported successfully (I suppose, since it’s shows “imported”. If was something wrong I guess some error would appear on creation).

After is imported I am trying to enter to restore data from Cloud to my Couchbase Cluster, but I get this error instead : “Could not get repository information in the expected amount of time: Operation took too long, it will continue in the background”.

The question is : from your experience, how long does it takes for a repository to be imported ?

Thank you in advance for the answer and time !

Hi @alexandru.mucenic. When using a cloud repo you have a staging directory locally which mirrors some of the state in S3. This staging directory is not populated when you import the repo but when you try to do an action on it, like info. It may be that populating the staging directory is taking some time which is why you see this error message.

I would expect this error message to stop occurring eventually - we do some background tasks which should cause the staging directory to be populated. Do you still see this problem? If so, how large is the cloud backup in terms of data size and number of backups?

Hi and thank you for the answer. The error message stopped after 3-4 hours. I was in doubt if I am doing something wrong or it takes so long to be imported. The size of the backup is 13 TiB.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.