I'm getting a lot of `The proposed configuration was ignored because of: OLD_OR_SAME_REVISION {"coreId":"0x8fd765d000000001"}`

Hi , I’m moving from couchbase java sdk 2.7 to 3.2.2 and I’ve made all the necessary changes to the code.
I’m getting a lot of The proposed configuration was ignored because of: OLD_OR_SAME_REVISION {"coreId":"0x8fd765d000000001"} messages, probably 6 per second in my logs. Can you tell me what it means and how I can get rid of them.

Hi @mehak28
That particular message should be getting logged at VERBOSE level, e.g. it’s intended only to be shown if you’ve intentionally increased your Couchbase logging to the highest level for debugging purposes. Under normal production use I’d usually recommend logging INFO and above messages.

Hi @graham.pople
I’ve only enable warn messages for couchbase, com.couchbase.client:warn
Is there any other place that I need to explicitly turn it off.

Hi @mehak28
So that ConfigIgnoredEvent is in package com.couchbase.client.core.cnc.events.config which should be matched by your config string. If you get your logging system to output the log level for that message, what does that show? That event certainly shouldn’t be getting logged at WARN level.

Okay, so I changed the log level from warn to info and those messages have disappeared, but since we’ll be moving this soon to production environment , should we be concerned that these messages were coming in the first place. Could you give a little insight on what it means when it says The proposed configuration was ignored because of: OLD_OR_SAME_REVISION {"coreId":"0x8fd765d000000001"}

They are harmless: we are regularly polling for the cluster configuration to check that it hasn’t changed, and this message just says that it hasn’t.

Thanks, I changed the log level to warn and now these are gone.