IllegalStateException: Unrecognized activity level: 5

I received this exception crash today while working on testing replication with Sync Gateway in our Android app:

Fatal Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecognized activity level: 5
       at com.couchbase.lite.AbstractReplicator.getActivityLevelFromC4(AbstractReplicator.java:295)
       at com.couchbase.lite.AbstractReplicator.updateStatus(AbstractReplicator.java:865)
       at com.couchbase.lite.AbstractReplicator.start(AbstractReplicator.java:394)

What would cause this exception to be thrown?

What version of Couchbase are you using? I think this was a bug in some earlier versions but @blake.meike should know the answer.

This was with the CBL 2.8.0 SDK. I see there is a 2.8.1 update. Was it fixed in this update?

Unrelated to the issue posted, we’d recommend that you upgrade to 2.8.1

No… it was not fixed in 2.8.1. I’ve filed https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/CBL-1441 to track the issue.

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for another update.

@blake.meike I see this has been marked fixed. Will there be an updated release with the fix available soon? I continue to experience this crash frequently when replicating.

We do not have a finalized timeline for 2.8.x release with this fix- expect sometime in the next couple of months. Since you are an Enterprise customer, the accounts team reach out to you with next steps.