High CPU on Azure VM (Community 4.0)

I know this is a long shot that anyone can help, but here goes.

We are running Couchbase Community Edition 4.0.0. I know this is old, we do have plans to upgrade.
We were running this on-premise for many years without problems. We had a virus attack, so we had to restore all our environements.
We are now working in Azure and are trying to replicated the environment.
We are experiencing a high load from the memcached and Erl processors, which ends up causing a 100% CPU utialization.

We are running Windows Server 2012 R2 with two nodes in a cluster. We are using Couchbase as a distributed cached (key/value), no indexes.

Hardware:
8 Core Xeon 2.4 GHz
32 GB RAM
1 TB SSD (P30)

I have tried disabling Auto-compaction, but with no result.

Can you verify what services are running on the nodes? In the early 4.0 days, there was a known issue with the projector process, even though it is not used (N1QL), still causes CPU spike on the nodes. If you can, you should just enable the data service, not query/index. This is a very old release and I think this issue was fixed in the 4.5.x CE release. As a best practice, you should be running Couchbase with a minimum 3 nodes to avoid a split brain failure. https://docs.couchbase.com/server/4.0/clustersetup/automatic-failover.html