Eventing and non-Admin permissions

I’m wondering what actions related to Eventing are available to users who are not “Full Admins” on the server. I’d like to give developers some access to at least read the event-function code without that full access.
Also, are there any best-practices described anywhere for CI/CD as it relates to Eventing code?

Hi @malclear,

I believe you are running Server EE, 6.6 (form a prior post). In the upcoming EE 7.0 release we have a new role “Eventing Full Admin” which removes the ability to add/modify/delete users thus avoiding some (but not all privilege escalation).

You ask: “Also, are there any best-practices described anywhere for CI/CD as it relates to Eventing code” there currently is no such document other than the Eventing REST API | Couchbase Docs - however I agree a CI/CD page would be a good enhancment to the documentation.

Note with every release we expand and improve the REST API for example in 7.0 you can update just the appcode (or the functions JavaScript). This and other new capabilities will be documented upon the 7.0 GA release.

Best

Jon Strabala
Principal Product Manager - Server‌

1 Like