Couchbase Elasticsearch Connector 4.2

Hello,

I have elasticsearch (7.4) and couchbase(6.0) installed on different machines. I’m currently configuring couchbase elasticsearch connector version 4.2. As i understood for every bucket in couchbase i need to create new *.toml file with configuration for it and after that run . My question is is it possible to control this configuration somewhere outside or i need to do it from the machine where connector is installed. Also creating XDCR from couchbase ui is not an option anymore, right?

Thank you in advance,
Antonia

Hi Antonia,

As i understood for every bucket in couchbase i need to create new *.toml file with configuration for it

Yes, that’s right.

Also creating XDCR from couchbase ui is not an option anymore, right?

Correct.

is it possible to control this configuration somewhere outside or i need to do it from the machine where connector is installed.

If you’re willing to deploy a HashiCorp Consul cluster, you can store the configuration in Consul. This is one of the features of running the Elasticsearch connector in Autonomous Operations (AO) mode.

Otherwise the config file needs to be in a filesystem location the connector can access.

When you asked about controlling the configuration from outside, how did you want this to work? With your input, maybe we can add such a feature in a future version of the connector.

Thanks,
David