Client timeout when trying to 'get' records

Hi, I am new to couchbase. I’ve installed the PHP SDK on an Ubuntu server and I having an interesting issue. I can connect to a remote couchbase server, I can set which bucket i want to work with, but when i go to ‘get’ documents from the bucket I am unable to do so. Here is the code I am using:

<?php //connect to couchbase server $cluster = new CouchbaseCluster('couchbase://systemIP'); $bucket = $cluster->openBucket('default'); $result = $bucket->get('document ID'); echo var_dump($result); ?>

the connection and bucket connections cause no issue, but the ‘get’ gives me back the following message:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘CouchbaseException’ with message ‘Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout’ in [CouchbaseNative]/CouchbaseBucket.class.php:196
Stack trace:
#0 [CouchbaseNative]/CouchbaseBucket.class.php(196): _CouchbaseBucket->get(‘document ID’, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/couchbase/couchbase.php(6): CouchbaseBucket->get(‘document ID’)
#2 {main}
thrown in [CouchbaseNative]/CouchbaseBucket.class.php on line 196

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also facing similer issue
Following is the intermittent error i am getting in app logs during CB connectivity.
CouchbaseException: Client-Side timeout exceeded for operation. Inspect network conditions or increase the timeout in _CouchbaseBucket->get() (line 196 of [CouchbaseNative]/CouchbaseBucket.class.php).
Note that this is during general browsing – no load on Web server, nor CB server.
traffic load is 2 or 3 users

Hey Guys,

This usually indicates that you’re cluster is having issues handling the load it is under, if this is happening with very little load, it sounds like you may have a miss-configured cluster or some other related issue. Can you tell me more about your server environments?

Cheers, Brett

Thanks for replying guys. We found the issue. We are dealing with AWS and it was the IP that was returning to us that was causing the issue. we’ve resolved the issue and we’re up and running.

thanks!
Raul

I have the same issue on an AWS server. How did you resolve this?

1 Like