Cannot start coucbhase in Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS

It got installed and always working fine.
I have no idea why it is not getting started now.
root@ashu-XPS-8930:/opt/couchbase/bin# sudo systemctl start couchbase-server
root@ashu-XPS-8930:/opt/couchbase/bin# ./couchbase-server

The maximum number of open files for the couchbase user is set too low.
It must be at least 70000.

Normally this can be increased by adding the following lines to
/etc/security/limits.conf:

couchbase soft nofile
couchbase hard nofile

Where is greater than 70000. The procedure may be totally
different if you’re running so called “non-root/non-sudo install” or
if you’ve built Couchbase Server from source.

{error_logger,{{2018,9,19},{19,35,2}},“global_trace:~n~p”,[{loop_the_locker,{multi,[],[],[],‘nonode@nohost’,false,false}}]}
Erlang R16B03-1 (erts-5.10.4.0.0.1) [source-53c0d14] [64-bit] [smp:12:12] [async-threads:16] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.10.4.0.0.1 (abort with ^G)
(babysitter_of_ns_1@127.0.0.1)1>

And i have my limits.conf all ok
#@student - maxlogins 4
couchbase soft nofile 80001
couchbase hard nofile 80001

End of file

What’s going wrong out here? I infact ran the cb-sample also successfully here.

@ashu.sharma.india Ubuntu 18.04 is officially not supported yet for deployment of Couchbase Server. Please see the documentation here https://docs.couchbase.com/server/5.5/install/install-platforms.html

If it is mandatory that you need to use Ubuntu Linux 18.04, send me a note and I will give you a build that we are currently testing with

I do know but it’s ubuntu 18.04 LTS(long term support) - don’t you think it should be supported.
It’s not some production system but something running on my local ubuntu desktop.

It was always running in the past. I have no idea why it is not running now. even the open file limits were changed in the past.

any help?

thanks

@ashu.sharma.india We are eagerly working on supporting Ubuntu 18.04. Can you grep for all the processes and make sure nothing else is running? Also if you can share your log file, I can figure out what is going on.

New users cannot upload the logs.

The same version is working fine in my other laptop which is also ubuntu 18.04 LTS. No issues out there.
What you suggest? Is there any link to delete it totally from my current one(where it is causing issues)? and the i will install it again or the new one.