I connect to couchbase db with Couchbase.NetClient on .Net.
Bucket is opening but can’t execute query or upsert document.
I get this error.
A request has been made for a service that is not configured or supported by the cluster. Please check the cluster and enable or add a new node with the requested service: data
It looks as though you may be trying to execute a query without any query nodes in your cluster.
What services (you can see these in the ‘server nodes’ tab) is your cluster running?
Hi @matt.carabine ,
@denizkocaboga is my colleague. We have 2 nodes in our cluster and each node has data,index and query services.
was there ever a solution found for this? having very similar problem
I’m having the same problem. When I have a single node in my cluster I can insert a document without any issue. As soon as I add the second node I can no longer successfully insert a document and get the same error referenced above. Both nodes have all four services available. If I add the second node and leave off the “Data” service I still experience the identical symptoms. Does anyone have a solution?
Are you using docker by any chance?
Same problem, using Amazon ECS. We have a 2 node cluster with the following services enabled: Data, Index, Query
Could this be because the server node names are using internal IP addresses and we are trying to access the cluster via it’s external IP?
No, I’m not using docker. My installs are just vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 droplets on Digital Ocean. I was not able to figure out the problem. Originally, I setup my droplets on Digital Ocean without private networking (local IPs). I then added private networking by following DO’s tutorial. When I setup my cluster I used the private IPs to connect everything. Even though everything seemed to be setup properly I experienced the Data service error. I was able to get the cluster working by just deleting the droplets and recreating them with the private networking option selected from the beginning. Even so, I chose to setup the cluster using the public IPs instead of the private IPs. It’s not ideal but at least I can insert docs now.