5.5 Release Date

I’m a little confused, I got an email right before Couchbase Connect (maybe May 10th?) that looked very much like general available release email. But 5.5 still shows as beta on your download site. When it planned for release?

It’s still in beta as of writing. I don’t believe there’s been a public date for release yet.

Just so you don’t think I’m crazy… Doesn’t the following email sound a lot like a new-release email? I mean, it even says “Meet our revolutionary new releases

AN ENGAGEMENT DATABASE FOR THE MASSIVELY INTERACTIVE ENTERPRISE
Announcing Couchbase Server 5.5 and Couchbase Managed Cloud

Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the latest release of the Couchbase Data Platform is architected for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from the cloud to the edge. And now with Couchbase Managed Cloud, we give enterprises the opportunity to offload their database management, helping to improve reliability, mitigate risk, and reduce staffing and infrastructure costs.

Meet our revolutionary new releases:

Couchbase Server 5.5

Accelerate the production of massively interactive business applications.
• Agility and flexibility – ANSI joins in N1QL extends SQL to support JSON data natively, and Couchbase Eventing enables user-defined business logic to be triggered in real time
• Performance at scale – Index partitioning, end-to-end data compression, and aggregate optimization improves performance
• Simplified platform management – Couchbase Autonomous Operator, as part of the new Kubernetes integration, automates multi-cloud deployments

Hi there – the following press release from May 10 states:
Couchbase Server 5.5 will be generally available in the Summer; Couchbase Mobile 2.0 is generally available today.
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/10/1500384/0/en/Couchbase-Unveils-Latest-Release-of-Couchbase-Data-Platform-for-the-Massively-Interactive-Enterprise.html