3.0.1 Death in startup

Don’t really want to do it, but getting crash dump in Erlang at startup.

Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_start_failure,kernel,{bad_return,{{kernel,start,[normal,[]]},{‘EXIT’,{bad_config,{kernel,{error_logger,true}}}}}}})
System version: Erlang/OTP 17 [erts-6.3] [source-f9282c6] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:16] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

I will run the RPM version in parallel to see what I get.

Most of my problem lies in getting a compiled from source couchbase 3.0.1 running on a different server than
the box it was built with.

Any couchbase devs fluent in the startup sequence of the 3.0.1+ server got a clue what to look for?

To be honest, that one doesn’t even look like it got to running the main process in the Erlang VM, unless there is more to the stack.

I know, its like battling both Erlang and Couchbase code to wade through the mud. But this is also an excellent learning opportunity.

And I am sure the couch devs at least want to see new things that can go wrong. I would love to be able to set a break point and step through the code to debug the startup sequence. I downloaded and built and installed the source for Erlang 17.4, so that is a step.

And I will upgrade to 3.0.2 soon since the source code, even though I posted in a different thread did not build right, I will give it another shot.

Still, couch devs have some comments?