What exactly returned from system:completed_requests?

I have a production system which run more than 100K messages on a particular day however when i try to list all completed queries using the system:completed_requests, it shows only 5 records. What could be the reason for this?

cbq> select count(*) from system:completed_requests where requestTime like ‘2018-09-09%’;
{
“requestID”: “ac15da73-bda7-4fcc-bb5a-a678f211302f”,
“signature”: {
“$1”: “number”
},
“results”: [
{
“$1”: 5
}
],
“status”: “success”,
“metrics”: {
“elapsedTime”: “3m43.723027037s”,
“executionTime”: “3m43.723007887s”,
“resultCount”: 1,
“resultSize”: 31
}

Hello @Rajukannur https://docs.couchbase.com/server/5.5/monitoring/monitoring-n1ql-query.html#sys-completed-req has all the information you are looking for. If you have more questions, let me know

Thanks Raju for the reply. I went through the URL you shared but my question was the select statement was returning only 5 records however I know for the fact that my application does more than 100K transactions per day. so the count 5 is definitely not correct.

Does this system bucket store only certain statements for e.g. all requested completed within certain seconds? I believe, Yes, I am checking further on this.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Queries that takes more than 1sec are added to completed_requests and it is configurable check Table 3.. cc @marcoeg

1 Like

Thanks @vsr1