We are running an android app using couchbase lite and couchbase server. We have 2 DIFFERENT android apps with different package names - one live version and one demo version. Both apps connect to two DIFFERENT couchbase clusters through two SEPARATE sync gateways. Suddenly a while back, SOME data from our demo cluster started pooling into our live cluster. This has corrupted our live data.
- Neither of the sync gateways either connect to or shadow the other cluster’s buckets.
- The two clusters are not connected on the same network.
These facts eliminate the probability that the interconnection happened from the server or sync gateway side. Only possibility is replication from a client.
- Both clusters contain the same data. Basically we created the demo database by taking a copy of the live database. We then proceeded to add the SAME users to the demo cluster sync gateway with SAME usernames and passwords.
Both apps also create a couchbase lite database with the SAME name (“ABCD”) on the phone to store the data. Could it be possible that a certain client had both apps installed at the same time and due to the database name on the phone being same, data from one app got synced to the other cluster since the replication happens on the database with name “ABCD”?
- We haven’t backed up our data using cbbackup. Is it possible to restore our data to an older time?
- If not, is it possible to revert ALL documents from the sync gateway bucket to an older revision?
Any help regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you!