Ordering of events produced to topic

Ok so we are very happy with the connector, it’s working great for us.

We rely heavily on the CAS ordering but it’s come to light that there are certain edge cases where that wont be possible, we are hanging on bated breath for the delineation of these edge cases (see latter comments)

But in anticipation, I have two questions:

Can I rely on the ordering of the production of the events produced to kafka – that the latest publishing of document is the latest version of that document?

Is there a way virtual extended attributes be made available in the payload the connector produces to kafka

1 Like

Can I rely on the ordering of the production of the events produced to kafka – that the latest publishing of document is the latest version of that document?

Always? No. Eventually, yes.

The connector may rewind the event stream and republish some changes. Typically this only happens when the connector restarts. I’m not aware of any guarantee that would prevent the connector from publishing version 1 of a document, then version 2, then rewinding and republishing version 1 again followed by version 2 again.

Is there a way virtual extended attributes be made available in the payload the connector produces to kafka

Not that I’m aware of.

Perhaps this could be worked around by adding a version or timestamp property to the documents you are streaming?

Thanks,
David

thank you. eventually works as a safety valve.