Node JS - CBTravel Sample : Could not locate the bindings file

I’m trying to run this sample and it gives me this error

C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:91
throw err
^

Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried:
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\build\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\build\Debug\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\build\Release\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\out\Debug\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\Debug\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\out\Release\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\Release\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\build\default\couchbase_impl.node
→ C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\compiled\4.2.4\win32\x64\couchbase_impl.node
at bindings (C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:88:9)
at Object. (C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\lib\binding.js:127:36)
at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:442:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:313:12)
at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
at require (module.js:385:17)
at Object. (C:\Users\Mojtaba\Desktop\Geek House\try-cb\node_modules\couchbase\lib\couchbase.js:3:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)

My OS is windows 7 and i’m using latest SDK version of couchbase.

I also wonder why there is not any “node .js —setup” in the installation? how am i suppose to install buckets?

Thanks

Hey @Dr.MJ,

It looks like the Node.js SDK is having trouble installing. Can you elaborate on how you set up the try-cb repository on your local system? There are a few options which can cause problems with the installation which you may have passed.

P.S. The travel-sample bucket is a sample bucket that is included with the Couchbase Server installation, to set it up all you are required to do is add it through the Couchbase Administration UI under the ‘Sample Buckets’ category.

Cheers, Brett

Thanks for the response.

I tried to install it again.maybe node-gyp didn’t installed correctly last time.anyway i deleted everything and installed from start and it works fine.

Thank you :slight_smile:

For those who still have this issue, removing node_modules folder from my project and install all packages again with yarn (or npm) solved my issue.

2 Likes