How to check list of full and Incremental backups?

cbbackupmgr , i don’t see any option in couchbase 6.0 versioin

Please share the command to list out Full and INC backups.

Hello @Gulasan_Mishra, in Couchbase Server 6.0.X cbbackupmgr list command will does not know if the backup is FULL or INC. This is mainly because whether a FULL or INC backup is performed is outside the users control and INC is seen as a optimisation.

That said in Couchbase Server 6.5.0 the new developer preview subcommand cbbackupmgr info will print what type of backup was preformed. For more information please see the cbbackupmgr info - documentation.

Hello Patrick, Thank you for update , We will have plan to upgrade our environment.
Could you please elaborate more “This is mainly because whether a FULL or INC backup is performed is outside the users control” . To take backup we are using cbrman tool. As I know we can use cbbackup or cbbackupmgr utility also.

The only tools for backing up Couchbase Server are:

• cbbackup/cbrestore which works with both Community and Enterprise Editions
  • cbbackupmgr recommended backup and restore solution for Enterprise Edition

Could you please elaborate more “This is mainly because whether a FULL or INC backup is performed is outside the users control

With cbbackupmgr the only way to currently force a full backup is to create a new repo, once a repo has been created cbbackupmgr will check the metadata of the previous backup against the cluster, if it can do an incremental it will, if not it will do a full.

To take backup we are using cbrman tool.

I have not heard of cbrman, where did you see this command?

oh ok, cbrman is our customize script which uses cbbackup / cbbackupmgr to take backup.