Flutter android app build release variant doesnt include assets in the res directory but debug and profile do, what is the difference?

I am new to flutter development, When i build my android project in release, the assets of the res folder are not included and the notification icons are missing, i have searched for an answer but couldnt find anything specific for differences between the two build configs,

Is there a place in android manifest or build gradle that needs to be configured for the release build to include the res assets? mipmap / drawable

thank you any help is appreciated!

Couchbase Lite does not officially support flutter platform. You may ask this question at the flutter community or from the developers of the CBL flutter plugin you are using.

I’m sorry to say that I don’t have a lot of experience with flutter.

In a native android app, the directory src/<flavor>/res is automatically included, if it exists, by the Android Gradle Plugin (where “flavor” is “main”, “debug”, “androidTest”, or the like).

You can configure other res directories in the 'sourceSets" clause, in Gradle, like this:

sourceSets {
        main {
            manifest.srcFile mySrc/androidManifest.xml
            java.srcDirs = [
                mySrc/src,
                commonSrc/src,
            ]
            res.srcDirs = [
                mySrc/res,
                commonSrc/res,
            ]

I would expect that the flutter gradle plugin would allow something similar…

@gabriel I know this is a bit old, but do you have any comment on this?

The android directory of a Flutter app contains a normal Android Gradle project, so @blake.meike’s advice should help.

But this issue does not seem to have anything to do with Couchbase Lite. :sweat_smile: I don’t think this is the best place to get help.