"ERROR: Document not found."

Hello,

I am trying to use couchbase for a potential project, and I have installed 3 servers with Couchbae 6.5 on Centos 7, and after a few thousand inserts in the DB using the REST API I see in the documents some errors. Like you see in the attached image.

Most of the documents are correct, but we also have hundred of “ERROR: Documents not found.” Other than this error, I don’t see anythin wrong with the cluster.

Can ansybody help me investigate what is happening?

Thank you,

Hi @flaviu,

Typically, you would see this error “ERROR: Document not found.” when the bucket level expiry or documents level expiry is set and there by the document got expired but before purging or compaction happens (which is automatically done by the server). Please read more on expiry and post expiration purging . After the purging, you may not see these doc IDs with the above error message.

You can check to see the document expiration on the specific with document id (replace values for bucket-name and doc-id) after uploading the documents using the below REST call. Also run after seeing the above error, in this case you should not see the document after expiry.
curl -uuser:pwd http://host:8091/pools/default/buckets/bucket-name/docs/doc-id

For seeing exact time when it will get expired, use the below python3 snippet. Say “expiration”:1595641195
python3

from datetime import datetime
dt=datetime.utcfromtimestamp(1595641195)
dt.strftime(‘%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S’)

Do you want to see if the above is the possibility for the root cause? If not, please share more findings or screenshots to see if any clue.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Jagadesh,

you are right the reason for these was the expiration which was happenning.

Thank you for your response :slightly_smiling_face:

:+1: Thanks for the update, @flaviu .