Document id in GetResult

Is there any provision to get the document id from the GetResult or is it something planned in coming java SDK?

1 Like

Hi @himanshu.mps
Well, the logic is that since the application has made the get request, it already has the ID handy. So the ID isn’t currently available - I believe it makes some SDK internals significantly cleaner in some of the implementations not to have to provide it (the id is not returned by the server, so it is state the SDK would need to track and match up from response to request). Is it a problem for the application here?

I think it can be made available in GetResult as SDK has the access to it as well. The places where I think it is useful is when we have millions of get flowing around and we need to apply an extra map operation to pass the ID for further processing and create a POJO to have GetResult and ID. I think we are passing the complexity to the developers as they need to keep track of ID now. It was a available as part of JsonDocument(2.x) and we could safely share the JsonDocument across application without worrying about the ID.

Hope I have put it across well.

@graham.pople

1 Like

Hi @himanshu.mps
Yes, I understand - I will raise this internally with the team and SDK PM.

Hi @himanshu.mps
I’m happy to report that we are going to implement the requested functionality across the SDKs. Please see ticket CBD-4224 for tracking purposes.

1 Like