Custom software location

Hello All,

Is there an option not to install couchbase server under /opt/ , Is there a tar or zip downloads available for cb.

Thanks,

Hi @banumyname,

I don’t think there is a zip/tar download for Couchbase. After you install Couchbase, you can choose different paths for Data, Indexes, and Analytics (see the Create Cluster documentation here).

What is the problem that you are trying to solve that you need to change the installation directory?

Hello Matthew, Thanks for responding.

I am trying to see if I can install under a different location to make it look identical for all installs on Enterprise. Is it not possible.

Thanks

@banumyname,

Are you trying to install multiple versions of Couchbase Server on the same machine?

This is also an option, But we are working on various open source database, to make it identical for all of them. I am thinking if there is an option for custom location for all nosqls.

Thanks

@banumyname,

I think what you need are “non-root” installations, which are typically used to setup multiple instances, but these allow you to specify installation directories. You can find more details in the documentation here:

@banumyname
Please try the below steps, this works on CentOS and not tried with other OS.

1. Install with --relocate
    rpm -ivh couchbase-server-community-6.0.0-centos7.x86_64.rpm --relocate /opt/couchbase=/app/couchbase

2. Once install is done,
    Update /opt with /app in /usr/lib/systemd/system/couchbase-server.service

3. Enable auto-restart of Couchbase.
    systemctl enable couchbase-server

Thank you,
Dharan

1 Like

Thanks Dharan, I will try this and let you know.