Couchnode: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hi,

I am trying to see what views there are on the server and update any changed views when needed as part of our deployment script. When I try to use the following code, I get a Segmentation fault (core dumped).

var cluster = new this.couchbase.Cluster('127.0.0.1:8091')
var bucket = cluster.openBucket('bucket', 'password')
var bm = bucket.manager()
bm.getDesignDocuments(function(err, res) {
  console.log(err, res)
})

I queried the bm object and it seems to be the correct object, but as soon as I try to do anything with the object (any of the methods supported) I get the seg fault:

VIEW NODE (null)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make: *** [run_single] Error 139

Couchbase: Version: 3.0.0 Enterprise Edition (build-1209)
Couchnode: couchbase@2.0.0
System: Ubuntu 14.04

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mark

Since this can be hard to do with Linux on a core file (since libraries vary, etc.), can you get a stack trace (a.k.a. backtrace) from the core indicated and file an issue? If you’re not familiar with getting a stack trace, there are lots of tutorials for that out there with a search.

That’ll probably help us identify the problem much more quickly.

Hey MarkNijhof,

This is a known issue with the 2.0.0 release related to management commands. This will be corrected in our 2.0.1 release next week. Please see http://www.couchbase.com/issues/browse/JSCBC-150 for further details.

Cheers, Brett

Hi brett19,

Thanks for showing me the issue report, the work around works nicely! Also sorry for the late reply, I didn’t get any notification of these messages.

-Mark