Couchbase Lite Sync

Good afternoon. I am new to couchbase and I am writing a couple of small test applications to test the syncing features.

The ASP.NET app saves, retrieves the documents just fine. The Xamarin app saves, updates, retrieves just fine and syncs with the gateway server however, when I create a record on the ASP.NET app or inside the Couchbase Console the Xamarin app appears to not trigger any updates so it does not sync with the server.

Being new, I don’t know if the listener function is working correctly or the gateway sync configuration file is correct. I believe the gateway sync is working but I just don’t know how to find where is the issue.

I would really appreciate any direction you could give.

Thank you,

Brian

when I create a record on the ASP.NET app or inside the Couchbase Console the Xamarin app appears to not trigger any updates so it does not sync with the server.

If you’re not using Couchbase Server 5 and Sync Gateway 2, updates made directly to the database (through the SDK or console) will not be detected by Sync Gateway, so they won’t get synced to mobile clients.

If this is the case, you can either (a) upgrade the server/SG, or (b) make your server-side updates through SG’s REST API.