Couchbase lite 2.0 Document Time To Live

Greetings,

I’m migrating my CBL application from CBL 1.4.1 to CBL 2.0, and in the previous version I made extensive use of the TTL property, allowing me to delete a document from a local database past a certain point.

I have failed to find this feature in the new implementation, is it still there or is there a new feature that handles this use case?

2 Likes

Documentation Expiration didn’t make it into 2.0 . This is being tracked for a future release.
I have linked this post to the ticket so you can chime in there as well .
In the meantime, you would have to track a “createdAt” property within each document and schedule a task that purges the expired documents . Not the most convenient

Thanks for you answer.

Sad to hear is not supported yet, good to hear it is being worked on. Thanks!

Is there any update on this feature, or potentially any way to workaround it? We have a lot of events we store in CBL that we don’t need to keep around, so the expiration is a pretty important feature.

Thank You

See Priya’s above comment for a workaround. No schedule for this feature yet.

Any update? We are live on 2.X and are experiencing client hangs due to runaway data that used to be TTL’d in the 1.X branch.

At least some issue to track the progress of this feature would be greatly appreciated. The linked issue appears to be closed.

Document expiration will be available in our upcoming release of Couchbase Lite- coming out in the next couple of months

Hello there,

Any update on this feature, we really need it to make sure this document expired after some time from local couchbase db as well as from server side.

When we have a public release date we’ll announce it.
If we haven’t announced it, we don’t have a release date we can share.

Hello there,

Any update on document expiration on couchbase lite, the post says that feature roll out in few months from february and it’s still not rolled out.

Can you please let me know when this feature will got released?

@p.kankhara please check Couchbase Lite 2.5 and the docs, you should find there what you are searching for.

1 Like