CBLValueIndexConfiguration and CBLFullTextIndexConfiguration missing from ObjC framework for x86_64

If I access either CBLValueIndexConfiguration or CBLFullTextIndexConfiguration in my code, when compiling an iOS app, I get this linker error (similarly for both files):

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_CBLValueIndexConfiguration", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in Test.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Both of these files are new in v3. I receive the error with either v3.0.0 or v3.0.1. Added via cocoapods:

pod 'CouchbaseLite', '3.0.0' # or '3.0.1'

The classes are defined properly in the framework headers. I need to get an iOS device to test if the app will build successfully for arm64 architecture, so can’t confirm if it works for non-simulator builds yet.

This is not an issue with the CouchbaseLite-Swift pod, only the ObjC framework.

To reproduce:

1. Create a new iOS app.
  2. pod init
  3. Add above to podfile.
  4. pod install
  5. Then reference either of those classes in the code, e.g.:
    let test = CBLValueIndexConfiguration(expression: ["test"])
  6. Attempt to build.

thanks @jeff.lockhart, we came to realize the issue only after the 3.0.1, we have the fix available in next patch 3.0.2

1 Like

Thanks @jayahari.vavachan. Do you know when 3.0.2 will be released?

If you are an enterprise customer, could you please raise an issue with support team? If not, you might have to wait for the release.

I’m not currently an enterprise customer (my former company is/was). I’m fine waiting. I’m just interested in what the expected time will be, so I can check back in when it’s available. I haven’t found a consistent timeline for release schedules, which are anywhere from one month to a year apart. It looks like this fix was made 2.5 months ago. Is there a reason it’s being held from release? Are releases only made when enterprise customers request them?

Apologies for the lack of clarity on our release plans. We are currently re-prioritizing a lot of the items on our plate at this moment so details of future releases and features are still up in the air. We should have better clarity soon.