Announcing Couchbase Mobile 3.1
In this release we further simplify mobile app development and expand on our strengths in edge computing by introducing cloud-to-edge support for scopes and collections in Couchbase Mobile version 3.1.
Scopes and collections in Couchbase Mobile enables you to:
- Isolate app data logically
- Enforce independent app lifecycles
- Provide fine-grained security control
The ability to manage and enforce independent app lifecycles, as well as leverage fine-grained security access control, will dramatically simplify the deployment of multi-tenant and high-application density cloud-to-edge applications at scale.
By providing better and more granular organization of data, security, and synchronization, scopes and collections in Couchbase Mobile 3.1 simplifies apps and makes them more secure, scalable, and efficient.
Multi-tenant mobile applications
Consolidate multiple tenant buckets to scopes within a single bucket. Reduce cluster footprint by orders of magnitude.
High density cloud-to-edge apps
Scope-based microservices can serve multiple applications from a single bucket. Each application is associated with its own scope.
Simplified data organization
Share user management across scopes, simplify access control to “per collection”, and provide easier migration from relational systems where schemas and tables map directly to scopes and collections.
Fine-grained end-to-end data sync
Augment channel-based access control and filtering support with the ability to sync data at the granularity of scopes or collections.
Embedded application data isolation
Isolate on-device app data into scopes on a single embedded database versus multiple embedded databases for local only or sync data.
Sync metadata isolation
Isolate gateway system-level metadata from application data, simplifying queries and making app development more manageable and straightforward.
Blogs & Videos
Papers and presentations
- Datasheet: Couchbase Mobile – Take storage and sync to the edge
- Whitepaper: Distributed cloud and edge for 100% uptime
- Whitepaper: How to choose a database for your mobile apps
- Presentation: Edge computing with Couchbase – Applications and architectures
- Presentation: Enter the world of embedded apps with Couchbase Lite for C
- Presentation: Developing Kotlin apps with Couchbase Lite
Ready to create amazing customer experiences?
The easiest and fastest way to begin with Couchbase