Database Experts, NoSQL Users to Convene at Couchbase [SF]
September 05, 2013
PayPal, Orbitz, Nielsen and McGraw-Hill Education Among Companies to Share NoSQL Strategies for Mobile and Web Applications
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 5, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, will host Couchbase [SF], its annual user conference, on Friday, September 13, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT at the Mission Bay Conference Center in downtown San Francisco.
The event will bring together database industry experts and members of the global Couchbase user community to share insights on the web and mobile applications that are driving the massive growth of NoSQL in the world’s largest enterprises. There are three tracks with over 30 sessions focused on real-life use cases, large-scale administration and operations, and developing with Couchbase. Register by Friday, September 5 to receive $50 off your full-day pass with code COUCHBASE50. Group discounts are also available.
Couchbase [SF] Agenda Highlights
- GigaOM analyst Rich Morrow will lead a panel on “The Future of Mobile” with Couchbase partners from Appcelerator, Apperian, PhoneGap and Xamarin.
- Anil Madan, head of global engineering for PayPal Media Network, will lead a discussion on how Couchbase delivers real-time analytics and scalable audience profiling for their ad platform.
- Steven Young, head of Orbitz site reliability and platform engineering, will share best practices on consolidation for ease of management and support and how to avoid over committing resources.
- Darrell Pratt, lead architect for Nielsen Company’s Global Buy Platform, will share their implementation of Couchbase as the real-time data store supporting their project for clients in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Ido Shilon, head of LivePerson’s R&D Group, will discuss how Couchbase assists the company in enabling over 8,500 global businesses to intelligently engage with more than 450 million users each month.
- Christopher Tse, director of R&D at McGraw-Hill Education's Digital Platform Group, will provide insight on the benefits of NoSQL in the digital learning environment.
- In-depth “Couchbase Clusters,” will cover topics on cross data center replication (XDCR), full-text search with Couchbase, server-side architecture, benchmarking Couchbase, and more.
“The anticipated turnout for Couchbase [SF] only adds to reports that the database industry is shifting to adopt NoSQL,” said Couchbase CEO Bob Wiederhold. “The conference will bring together some of the best and brightest in our industry, and we expect our partners, customers and industry peers will walk away from the event with insider insights to help their organizations get ahead of the NoSQL curve.”
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)