Couchbase and Open Software Integrators (OSI) Announce Partnership to Support NoSQL Database Implementations
March 04, 2013
NoSQL Leader Engages Open Source Professional Services Company to Provide Design, Development, and Migration Services
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and DURHAM, NC — March 4, 2013— Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and Open Software Integrators (OSI), the open source professional services company with specialties in the area of Big Data, enterprise and Internet scalability, today announced a partnership agreement. Through the agreement, OSI will offer consulting, software development, training, and architectural solutions for Couchbase Server, augmenting Couchbase’s ability to meet growing customer demand for its flagship document-oriented NoSQL database.
- Couchbase and OSI are partnering to provide services to companies implementing Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology.
- The partnership is designed to help companies get up and running as quickly as possible with Couchbase Server, whether they are moving from a relational data model to a document-oriented database or starting out with a NoSQL open source solution for the first time.
- Specific OSI offerings include:
- Migration services to help companies move from their existing relational database solution to Couchbase NoSQL database technology
- Migration services to switch from an existing NoSQL solution to Couchbase
- Architectural services for modeling and developing apps using Couchbase Server as the document-oriented data store
- “We’re thrilled to be partnering with OSI, leveraging their extensive NoSQL and open source expertise to better serve our growing customer base, particularly those who are making the transition from relational database technology to the more flexible document-oriented data model. Working together, we can help our joint customers accelerate their adoption of Couchbase Server and its easy scalability, consistent high performance and always-on data availability.” – Bob Wiederhold, CEO and President, Couchbase
- “As time has passed it has been a pleasure getting to know the great people behind Couchbase and their powerful technology. When I work with CIOs and CTOs figuring out how to scale their existing infrastructure Couchbase is often an appealing right fit. I am excited about this partnership and working even more closely with our friends at Couchbase.” – Andrew C. Oliver, President, Open Software Integrators
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
About Open Software Integrators
Open Software Integrators (OSI) provides consulting services to partners and customers. Their consultants solve a variety of challenges that span technical, pre-sales, performance, and architectural issues. They represent our premier vendors and work with our direct clients both on and off site as needed. OSI offers support for significant logistical, capital, technical and training investment with specialties in the area of enterprise and Internet scalability. OSI has offices in Durham and Chicago. http://www.osintegrators.com/
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)