Couchbase Expands Asian Presence through Partnership with Reseller N2M
March 11, 2013
Addresses Growing NoSQL Technology Demand in Korea
Mountain View, Calif. and Seoul, Korea – March 11, 2013 – Couchbase, Inc., a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and N2M Co., Ltd. today announced a reseller agreement that expands Couchbase operations to Korea. The announcement precedes the first-ever Couchbase Korea Dev Day, which will take place on April 4, 2013 in Seoul, and marks a growing level of NoSQL database adoption in the surrounding region.
- Couchbase is partnering with N2M, a Seoul-based reseller and solutions integrator, specializing in sourcing and supplies, to jointly invest in NoSQL market development in Korea.
- Early customers in Korea include companies like KBS Media who recognize the need for the scalability, performance, and always-on capabilities of Couchbase Server 2.0.
- N2M will extend marketing, sales, and community support in Korea, creating a local presence for developers implementing Couchbase NoSQL database technology for their interactive applications.
- Couchbase Korea Dev Day will take place Thursday, April 4 in Seoul and will provide a full-day, hands-on workshop for web application developers and architects interested in building applications with Couchbase Server 2.0.
- “At KBS Media, our business is to maximize the potential of KBS content, which includes delivering it in innovative ways to our media partners and customers. Having the right technology platform is essential to our business success, and NoSQL database technology plays an important part. With its performance, scalability, and flexibility, Couchbase stands out among the NoSQL providers and is the best fit for our needs.” – Kim Kyoung hoon, Team Manager / E-Business Dept, KBS Media, which provides products and services in association with the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS), one of the world's leading public broadcasters
- “Application development has changed dramatically with the rise of web and mobile applications, and NoSQL database technology is optimized for these interactive applications. We are excited to enter the Korean market to address the growing demand for NoSQL, and our partnership with N2M gives us the ability to better serve customers and users with Couchbase technology, which provides easy scalability, consistent high performance, always-on reliability, and a flexible data model for easy application development.” – Bob Wiederhold, President and CEO, Couchbase
- “Open source software is at the forefront of technology innovation, and at N2M, we pride ourselves in bringing cutting-edge technology to our customers. We are excited to be working with Couchbase to introduce customers to the advantages of Couchbase Server, and help advance the adoption of NoSQL database technology in Korea.” – Kim Hyung Jin, President and CEO, N2M Co., Ltd.
N2M is a leading provider of IT services, consulting and solutions and is partnered with many global enterprise software partners worldwide. Through domain expertise and solutions, combined with proven success in the field, N2M continues to provide world-class service to leading organizations in Korea. N2M is devoted to delivering quality-centric processes and standards to ensure that the software solutions it provides increase customer revenue, meet time-to-market requirements, and minimize investment. http://www.n2m.co.kr/
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)