Couchbase Server now available as NoSQL Database-as-a-Service for the Cloud
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – August 27, 2012 – Couchbase, the leading NoSQL database company, today announced its integration solution for the VMware vFabricTM Application DirectorTM, a cloud-enabled application provisioning solution that simplifies how to create and standardize portable application deployment topologies across cloud services. This solution allows deployment and management of Couchbase Server on any VMware vCloud®-powered private, public or hybrid clouds. Now, application middleware teams can easily leverage Couchbase Server in their virtual and cloud environments to create scalable, high-performance, always-on web applications.
Couchbase Server is a simple, fast, elastic, open source NoSQL database optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. It automatically distributes data across commodity servers or virtual machines. Now, Couchbase Server can be easily deployed via VMware’s cloud-enabled application provisioning solution, further simplifying the creation and standardization of application deployment topologies across cloud services.
Specific benefits of Couchbase Server on VMware’s vFabric Application Director include
- Flexible application development and deployment: Using Couchbase Server's flexible data model and vFabric Application Director’s ability to automate application deployment, users can rapidly implement changes to their web applications.
- Easy scalability of the entire stack: With Couchbase, it’s easy to scale the database layer, growing a cluster to hundreds of servers, without any interruption or change to an application. With vFabric Application Director, it's easy to automate and orchestrate provisioning of your application. Together, users will be ready to scale out the entire infrastructure stack to adjust to demand.
“We’re excited to be a part of VMware’s vFabric Application Director Ecosystem,” said Couchbase CEO, Bob Wiederhold. “Working directly with cloud application provisioning tools like Application Director, developers can utilize Couchbase Server to create interactive web applications that scale out to support large numbers of users, providing high-performance, cost-effective cloud instances for their applications.”
“In today’s cloud era, organizations need a better approach to accelerate application deployment across cloud environments,” said Ramin Sayar, vice president and general manager, Virtualization and Cloud Management, VMware. “With our partner ecosystem, we want our customers to have a wide selection of ready-to-deploy industry leading application infrastructure products and applications from VMware Cloud® Application Management Marketplace. With Couchbase integration, our customers now have access to an easily scalable, highly reliable NoSQL database that drastically simplifies deployment in hybrid clouds by expanding and contracting scaling and infrastructure requirements without any manual management or downtime.”
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It’s easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server’s high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always on availability: Couchbase Server’s high availability features means applications are always online, 24x7x265. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware – or recovering from a disaster – Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible data model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures. Couchbase is also the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com