Couchbase Announces Integration with VMware vFabric™ Application Director™
August 27, 2012
Couchbase Server now available as NoSQL Database-as-a-Service for the Cloud
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – August 27, 2012 – Couchbase, the leading NoSQL database company, today announced its integration solution for the VMware vFabricTM Application DirectorTM, a cloud-enabled application provisioning solution that simplifies how to create and standardize portable application deployment topologies across cloud services. This solution allows deployment and management of Couchbase Server on any VMware vCloud®-powered private, public or hybrid clouds. Now, application middleware teams can easily leverage Couchbase Server in their virtual and cloud environments to create scalable, high-performance, always-on web applications.
Couchbase Server is a simple, fast, elastic, open source NoSQL database optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. It automatically distributes data across commodity servers or virtual machines. Now, Couchbase Server can be easily deployed via VMware’s cloud-enabled application provisioning solution, further simplifying the creation and standardization of application deployment topologies across cloud services.
Specific benefits of Couchbase Server on VMware’s vFabric Application Director include
- Flexible application development and deployment: Using Couchbase Server's flexible data model and vFabric Application Director’s ability to automate application deployment, users can rapidly implement changes to their web applications.
- Easy scalability of the entire stack: With Couchbase, it’s easy to scale the database layer, growing a cluster to hundreds of servers, without any interruption or change to an application. With vFabric Application Director, it's easy to automate and orchestrate provisioning of your application. Together, users will be ready to scale out the entire infrastructure stack to adjust to demand.
“We’re excited to be a part of VMware’s vFabric Application Director Ecosystem,” said Couchbase CEO, Bob Wiederhold. “Working directly with cloud application provisioning tools like Application Director, developers can utilize Couchbase Server to create interactive web applications that scale out to support large numbers of users, providing high-performance, cost-effective cloud instances for their applications.”
“In today’s cloud era, organizations need a better approach to accelerate application deployment across cloud environments,” said Ramin Sayar, vice president and general manager, Virtualization and Cloud Management, VMware. “With our partner ecosystem, we want our customers to have a wide selection of ready-to-deploy industry leading application infrastructure products and applications from VMware Cloud® Application Management Marketplace. With Couchbase integration, our customers now have access to an easily scalable, highly reliable NoSQL database that drastically simplifies deployment in hybrid clouds by expanding and contracting scaling and infrastructure requirements without any manual management or downtime.”
About Couchbase Server
Couchbase Server NoSQL database technology is optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. Web application developers and operators rely on Couchbase Server for:
- Easy Scalability: It’s easy to scale the data tier with Couchbase Server without any interruption or change to an application. With one click of a button, users can expand a cluster up to hundreds of servers, automatically keeping the workload evenly distributed among them.
- Consistent High Performance: With consistent sub-millisecond response time, Couchbase Server helps ensure a positive experience for application users. Couchbase Server’s high throughput means fewer servers are required to serve growing numbers of application users.
- Always on availability: Couchbase Server’s high availability features means applications are always online, 24x7x265. Whether upgrading the database, system software or hardware – or recovering from a disaster – Couchbase Server allows you to do so with zero downtime.
- Flexible data model: As a NoSQL database, Couchbase Server eliminates the need to create and manage schemas, dramatically reducing the complexity and time required when making changes to an application.
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)