Couchbase hosts CouchConf San Francisco; registration and Couch Developer Award nominations now open
Mountain View, Calif. – May 10, 2011 – Couchbase, the NoSQL database company created via the recent merger of CouchOne and Membase, today announced the inaugural CouchConf developer conference, which will take place Friday, July 29 at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco, with O’Reilly Media as the charter sponsor for the event. Registration for the event is now open.
“This one-day event is for any developer who wants to take a deeper dive into Couch technology, learn where it’s headed and build really cool stuff. We invite all developers to join us for a day in San Francisco to find out what's new with Couch and learn more about harnessing this powerful technology for web and mobile applications,” said Damien Katz, Couchbase CTO and creator of Apache CouchDB. “We also want to thank O’Reilly Media for being our charter sponsor at this inaugural CouchConf event.”
Conference Highlights Include:
- Technology announcements and look ahead. Damien Katz and other Couchbase technologists will share the latest developments in Couch technology, with updates on the integration of Membase and CouchDB.
- Technically rich agenda. The day is packed with core and advanced breakouts tailored for both new and experienced users developing and deploying Couch-based applications. Sessions cover CouchDB, Membase Server, Mobile Couchbase, and related technologies.
- Pre-Conference Training. Two-day hands-on training is available in San Francisco just prior to the conference (July 27-28); training students attend CouchConf free of charge.
- The Couchbase Lounge. Throughout the conference, a designated area will be available for attendees to get hands-on support, network with one another, and hack together.
- Couch Developer Awards. Recognizing innovative use of Couch technology, the first-ever Couch Developer Awards will be announced at the closing session of the conference. Project nominations are underway now through July 15, 2011.
- Early bird pricing is now available. CouchConf San Francisco registration is now open with early bird pricing in effect until June 17, 2011.
Additional Online Resources
- Register for CouchConf San Francisco
- Nominate a project for the Couch Developer Awards
- Sponsor CouchConf San Francisco
- Register for pre-conference training: CouchDB Developer Training or Membase Server Ops Training
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible, and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.