Couchbase Announces Couchbase Developer Expert and Couchbase Champions Programs
March 23, 2015
New Developer Programs Recognize Community Experts
Mountain View, CA – March 23, 2015 – Couchbase, Inc. today announced it has launched new Couchbase Developer Expert and Couchbase Champions programs to recognize core contributors and community advocates who regularly contribute to the user community and Couchbase Open Source Projects. The sharing of knowledge and best practices by this community of experts makes Couchbase’s Open Source products more innovative and higher quality.
“The ongoing contributions of the Couchbase community have greatly advanced the innovation and quality of all Couchbase products,” said Matt Ingenthron, Senior Director of Developer Experience. “Recognizing the top contributors from our global community through the Couchbase Champions and Couchbase Developer Experts lets us formally applaud their time, effort and passion in building a best in class distributed database platform.”
Couchbase has a vibrant and growing community of contributors. This active group accelerates delivery of the key features and ecosystem that are needed to make Couchbase products best in class. The new Couchbase Developer Expert and Couchbase Champions programs will bring a formal level of appreciation to the hundreds of engineers who contribute to the Couchbase Open Source Project.
A Couchbase Champion is open to anyone who engages with the Couchbase community in any one of a variety of ways: Actively engaging on the Couchbase Forums to solve problems and provide answers to other forum posted questions; organizing their own Couchbase Meet-up; or regularly attending Couchbase Meet-ups and engaging in conversations and Q&A during the meet-up. Champions are usually found actively blogging and tweeting in response to community questions; they may be regular speakers at industry and / or Couchbase hosted events.
Couchbase Developer Experts
The Couchbase Developer Expert (CDE) program is an invitation only program. It’s designed to recognize elite contributors to the Couchbase Open Source Project. The CDE program includes contributors who represent a diverse range of views and backgrounds; developers, users, advocates, and those with backgrounds in everything from startups through global enterprises. Couchbase Content Developer Experts demonstrate their expertise by participating in a variety of activities. Unlike a Couchbase Champion, who may only participate with the community through a single channel, a CDE engages through many activities:
- Actively running Couchbase-related code in production. This could be an application that uses Couchbase Mobile in one of the app stores; an application or service that uses Couchbase Server; tooling for Couchbase that's freely available (e.g. Reactive Couchbase or the Titanium wrapper for Lite); or code committed in a Couchbase project (e.g. the Java SDK).
- Supporting the Couchbase Open Source Project and expanding the community through contributions to mailing lists, forums, blogs, Twitter, meet-ups and other channels as well as speaking at various industry or Couchbase hosted events.
- Demonstrating knowledge expertise in at least one particular area, e.g. working with the Python SDK, deep knowledge of Couchbase Mobile for Android or iOS, etc.
Couchbase recognizes Couchbase Developer Experts several ways:
- Announcing new members and their exceptional contributions to the community
- Recognition at Couchbase Connect and Couchbase Live events
- Profiles on the Couchbase Developer Expert page
- An invitation to Couchbase Connect, Couchbase’s annual summit in the San Francisco area
- Invitation to participate in an annual one day community summit at Couchbase Connect
- Early introduction and opportunity to influence and contribute to features in development
To learn more about the Couchbase Developer Expert and Couchbase Champions program, click here.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. As a distributed cloud-native database, Couchbase runs in modern dynamic environments and on any cloud, either customer-managed or fully managed as-a-service. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, American Express, Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast/Sky, Disney, eBay, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
© 2020 Couchbase, Inc. All rights reserved. Couchbase, the Couchbase logo, and the names and marks associated with Couchbase’s products are trademarks of Couchbase, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.