Couchbase Announces Availability of Couchbase Server 2.2 NoSQL Document Database
September 13, 2013
NoSQL Leader extends scalability and performance advantages within and across data centers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 13, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the availability of Couchbase Server 2.2, the latest release of its NoSQL document-oriented database. Today’s release further strengthens Couchbase’s leadership in scalability, performance and always-on reliability for enterprises deployed on large clusters both within and across data centers.
Couchbase Server 2.2 includes significant improvements across several areas critical to enterprise customers. Customers adopting NoSQL specifically look for seamless cross cluster support and by using Couchbase can setup cross cluster replication with just a few clicks. Cross Data Center Replication (XDCR) is a key differentiator for Couchbase, with large enterprises choosing Couchbase as the NoSQL database of choice for their most demanding web and mobile applications. In particular, this release adds a dramatic improvement in performance and resource utilization for XDCR.
Highlights of this release include:
- XDCR Optimization
- Advanced cross data center replication optimization provides a new version of the protocol directly utilizing the memcached protocol, resulting in significantly improved throughput across clusters with lower resource utilization.
- Administration, Monitoring and Manageability
- Updated cbHealthChecker utility monitors the health of a cluster and provides advanced diagnostic capabilities, including information about capacity planning.
- New administrative utility cbrecovery provides granular cluster recovery capabilities using data from remote Couchbase clusters.
- Read-only administration through the Couchbase Admin Console and the REST API designed for enterprise operations teams.
- Delegated non-root and non-sudo administration, particularly important for development and testing within the enterprise.
- “Couchbase is being used by the largest companies in the world for their most critical web and mobile applications. This release further differentiates Couchbase as the NoSQL database of choice for customers that depend on the scalability, performance and reliability we deliver both within and between data centers.” – Rahim Yaseen, Senior Vice President, Engineering, Couchbase
About Couchbase Open Source Project
The Couchbase Open Source Project is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache 2.0 License, and may also be obtained as packaged software from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company’s flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
About the company
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Rakuten/Viber, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)